Saturday, May 23, 2020

Real Life Story


Guest contributor Sierra Kantamneni
ChayaVeda Intern and UF College of Journalism
                                     

Never in my life would I have imagined my freshman year of college ending with an international pandemic. Within days, my once loud and lively dorm floor became painfully quiet and vacant. My college experience, life, and the world as I knew it had turned upside down with no clear end in sight. 

As the virtual school year came to a close, I was blessed to receive a remote internship position at ChayaVeda for the summer. In the few weeks I have been an intern, I have already learned so much about the importance of wellness and self-care. I now practice daily yoga and meditation and have found a sense of escape from the chaos and uncertainty of the world. For the first time in a long time, I am putting myself first. From our centering activities before each meeting, to Chaya always checking in on how we are doing, ChayaVeda has become an immense source of stability and growth in my life. Here I have learned valuable lessons about professional and personal growth, and am excited for all that is to come.

Each one of us has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to some capacity. We must recognize the importance of our mental and physical health, and use this time to properly care for ourselves. Self-care is something many of us neglect in the busyness of our lives, myself included. As we navigate this time of uncertainty and fear, I encourage you all to remember the positive things in life and remind yourself that this too, one day, shall pass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment